Monday, February 2, 2009

Buttercup


The ladies at CSCC could not have picked a better movie to challenge our creativity this week! It seems The Princess Bride is on everyone's "favorites" list!  My card was inspired by our heroine, Buttercup.  I googled buttercup for some ideas and stumbled upon the lyrics to The Foundations 1968 hit song "Build Me Up Buttercup."  The lyrics fit with Wesley's (as Dread Pirate Robert) torment over Buttercup's betrothal to Prince Humperdink.

The card is a standard 5.5 x 4.25.  I printed the song lyrics repeatedly as a background with the one highlighted phrase, then just bordered it and added the flower (Prima) and dress (Cricut's Dreams Come True covered in Stickles).



6 comments:

Ann said...

Ohmigosh! I love the soft yellow, and the little sparkly dress is just perfect!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

This is so pretty & that little dress it gorgeous! So princess like.

Carol Dunstan said...

Oh great card! I thought of this song too but didn't dream of putting it with the theme and making something from it!

Brooke S said...

What a lovely card. Great job using Sankari's sketch. The little dress is adorable.. Now that you reminded us of the song I can totally sing it in my head... I just never would have remembered the song on my own.. Thanks for that little tidbit! Come back and play again...
Hugs
Brooke

Sankari W. said...

Oh Jen - This is tooooo clever and soooo cute! LOVE this song - as soon as I read about the card and saw those lyrics - I TOTALLY have the song in my head right now as I write!!! Which is awesome because I Love this song AND I love this movie - win-win!!! Love the buttercup yellow and that dress is perfect - love your take on the sketch! (still singing the song in my head as I type this!!! LOL!)

thank you so much for playing along this week!! Sending you loads of best wishes!!
Sankari :)

LORi said...

Just Beautiful!!!!